Contributed by Victor T.
Staying in shape and eating healthy isn’t that hard if you plan ahead. Planning meals and brown bagging your lunch is one step. But many people falter when it comes to planning snacks ahead of time. It is easy to grab some snacks from the vending machine, or a cookie from the deli. Instead, plan ahead and figure out what snacks to bring a long with you to maintain your healthy lifestyle. Here are some healthy portable ideas:
- Celery sticks with peanut butter
- Crackers with peanut butter
- Handful of nuts, raisins or trail mix
- Popcorn you popped at home with cayenne pepper or dill
- Yogurt with granola
- Fruit such as an apple, banana or pear
- Apple slices drizzled with orange or lemon juice (to prevent browning)
- String cheese or cubed cheese
- Carrot or celery sticks
- Hard-boiled egg
- Fruit salad with a variety of melons
- Frozen grapes and blueberries
What are your favorite snacks?