Contributed by Tammy B.
“I don’t have enough time to exercise.” “I don’t have enough money to join the gym.” Have you ever heard yourself muttering these excuses? Time and money are things we can all use more of, but you do not need a lot of either to keep in shape.
By using your own bodyweight you can do a variety of exercises:
- Pushups – either full, modified or against the wall
- Squats – jumping, hindu or standing
- Lunges – jumping, standing or side lunges
- Plank poses – a stationary pushup
- Barrier jumps – where you jump over stationary items, either sideways or forward
There are different cardio exercises you can do as well such as:
- Jumping jacks – just like in grade school gym class
- Jump rope – you can buy one at the dollar store
- Shadow boxing – you don’t need the gloves, but you could hold some bottles of water for resistance
- Running in place – or after your kids
- Dancing – put on your favorite music and dance around the house
What are your favorite ‘free’ exercises? We invite you to share your ideas in the comment box below.