Dear Friends, Fans and Soul Mates,
Meet our Foodies
Food for the Soul™ has initiated a new program for like-minded partners, non-profits, and entrepreneurs to share cross-links between websites or share affiliations in other ways such as promoting their products in our Market Café. Our Foodies are our sustaining partners who support our goals and help spread the word about Food for the Soul™. Do you know a business, company, practitioner, or non-profit organization that would make a great Foodie? Let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or share Food for the Soul™ with them and let’s see what kinds of cross-promotional partnerships we can whip up.
Our latest Foodie, ART OFF the MAIN, features a weekend of African, African-American & Latin American Artists at the Contemporary Art Fair NYC at Jacob Javits Center, NYC (Hall 1A, 39th Street entrance) on October 19-21, 2012 – Friday (2pm – 7pm), Saturday (10am – 7pm), Sunday: 10am-4pm). Log on to ART OFF the MAIN and download coupon for $2 off any admission. Please share with all your contacts.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Paul Semenkewitz, a friend of Food For The Soul™ and chef at The Exchange, has organized an event on Thursday, October 25th 2012 to honor his Mom and raise money for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. For details about this event, go to Paul’s Facebook page and RSVP.
On November 16th 2012, Hearts of Gold (one of our Foodies), is hosting their annual benefit Hearts of Gold Gala 16: Come to the Cabaret. If you’re in the NYC area, be sure to attend this event. If you’re not in NYC or can’t make it, please make a donation to support homeless mothers and their children. For details about this inspiring cause, go to the website.
50,000 and Counting!
The chefs at Food for the Soul™ have been working hard to grow our unique online community—from our social media posts to our ever-refreshed website content, from The Daily Special© feature to our quarterly Newsbites. As part of our mission to feed inspiration & fuel passions locally and globally, we turn to you, the people who already enjoy what we offer … to help us grow to our goal of 50,000 plus soul mates.
How can you spread the word among your friends and family about Food for the Soul™?
- Share our Daily Newsbite which features a Daily Treat (quote of the day) and The Daily Special© (post of the day)
- Become a Guest Chef and submit a Passion Story, contribute a post for The Daily Special© or other features … then tell your circle about it.
- Invite them to become a soul mate—a Food for the Soul™ subscriber. It’s free and takes less than a minute to sign up on our home page.
Get FFTS Mug’d!
Enter our contest
Show us your “mug shots” and share where and how you’re getting your inspiration with your Food for the Soul™ mug. Post your photos to our Facebook page or tweet photos of you and your FFTS mug using the hash tag #getfftsmugd. We’ll also pin “mug shots” in our Get FFTS Mug’d! Gallery and on our Pinterest board. Our chefs will be judging your “mug shots” and their favorite submitters will win a free ad on our website, lots of social media love, or a free gift.
Here are some other ways to Get FFTS Mug’d!:
- Frequent buyer reward: Buy five (5) mugs from our Market Café and we’ll add one (for free) as a thank-you gift
- Become a soul mate and win! Every 10th person who joins our community for free in a given month will receive one of our signature mugs
- Share Food for the Soul™ with your friends and win a free signature gift mug filled with goodies for spreading the word to the 10th person who signs up!
Finally, without you there is no food for the soul™ community so we thank you for subscribing, sharing, and feasting on our expanding smorgasbord of inspiration!
Your Soul Team