Contributed by Rei H.
- The Biggest Loser Pound for Pound Challenge. You can register on your own or with a group of like-minded friends. For each pound you lose, a pound of food is donated to Feeding America an organization devoted to providing meals to hungry families across America.
- Fitness For Charity. This organization will accept your old exercise equipment and donate them to those in need.
- Give Running. If you have some old athletic shoes that you would like to pass on, this organization will rehab the shoes and give them to disadvantaged youth.
- Plus 3 Mobile App. Just like a walk-a-thon, this app has teamed up with 30 different charities to raise money while you work out. You can run, walk, do yoga, mountain bike, etc. and a GPS will log in your workout. A sponsor will make a donation based on how much you worked out.
- Local marathons and walk-a-thons. Most towns have different fun-runs, bike-a-thons and other charitable exercise events. You can also sponsor your own event to raise money for a charitable cause that is important to you.
Do you know of any health-related charities to share?